At the first meeting it is important to be introduced to your case history. During one month it is possible to plan various check-ups focused on revealing the particular causes of infertility.
- hormone profile (ovarian hormones and pituitary hormones)
- thyroid hormones
- AMH (Anti-Mullerian hormone) - the indicator of an ovarian reserve; the count declines with age and reducing egg supplies
A detailed display of organs of the true pelvis (uterus, ovaries, fallopian tubes) enables to reveal anatomic abnormalities or deviations connected with infertility (the shape and size of uterus, the height of endometrium, the shape and function of ovaries, presence of polyps, myomas or cysts, possibility to reveal endometriosis). In the congruent period of the menstrual cycle it detects the ovulation (the growth of follicles).
If necessary, another displaying examinations will be carried out:
- hydrolaparoscopy – evaluation of the condition and patency of the fallopian tube
- hysteroscopy – evaluation of the shape of the uterine cavity and the condition of endometrium. We carry out both examination methods under general anaesthesia at our clinic and a patient goes home 3 hours after the intervention
- ExEm® Foam Kit - outpatient examination of the patency of fallopian tubes regardful to patients. The application of special foam which fills the fallopian tubes through the uterine cavity and subsequently ultrasonographic shots, which confirm the patency of the fallopian tubes, are taken. If a doctor considers it as appropriate, the examination for the presence of chlamydiae in the female reproduction system is carried out by the direct diagnosis or by the cytologic smear of cervix.
In certain cases a patient is sent to another examination in external places, such as the Centre for Medical Genetics or reproductive immunology.
Information about the types of treatment of female infertility is available on the following page..